smith.inquiries@gmail.com

Sunless Summer Glowing Skin

Monday

This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CreateYourSunshine #WetSkinIsBestSkin #CollectiveBias

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-9

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-6

It’s the month of June! That means it’s time to get ready for a glowing tan for summer! Some of you might have gone to the beach or pool already to get a tan, but today, I’ll be sharing one of the easiest, most affordable new ways I have found to achieve a summer glow without exposing my skin to the heat of the sun (or even the tanning bed!). As some of you know, I’m originally from the Philippines and I have  always felt proud of my skin, even though when I was young some people told me that white skin was more beautiful. I love having tan skin because I feel more confident, especially since I have imperfections like varicose veins which become more visible when I’m pregnant. That’s why I’m glad to have found  JERGENS® Natural Glow® Wet Skin® Moisturizer. I applied it to my wet skin right after a shower, and it gradually turned into a natural-looking tan in just a few days!  You don’t even need to rinse it off – you can just dampen your skin with towel to dry off  and it will NOT stain your towel.

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-1

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-7

One thing I love doing with a summer tan is creating summer looks,  like a glowing, bronzy makeup look. I also get excited to dress up and style some summer outfits as well. These looks and outfits make me  feel like I just came back from a long vacation in my hometown in the Philippines! 😉 By the way, here’s a childhood photo of me when I was in the Philippines inside my grandma’s nipa hut house.

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-5 Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-2 Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-3 sunless-summer-glow-jergens-before-after

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-instore

Over the next three days after applying the lotion, I watched as it gradually gave me a healthy, glowing summer tan. At the same time, it moisturized my skin, which is extra important to me right now as my skin gets drier when I am pregnant.   I used the medium shade JERGENS Natural Glow Wet Skin Moisturizer from Walmart to achieve the ideal color that I wanted, and I now use it every other day to maintain the color.

Sunless-summer-glowing-skin-jergens-8

How does JERGENS® Natural Glow Wet Skin® Moisturizer makes you feel this summer? I would love to hear!

CATEGORY Beauty, Lifestyle
SHARE Share

21 Responses to “Sunless Summer Glowing Skin”

1. Beautiful photos, Em. Also, I’m jealous of your tan. It looks so natural… and without the harsh sun. –Sabine

2. Em, your skin looks gorgeous! It glows beautifully against that pretty white dress. #client

3. Karen Schmidt says:

I love this product! I use it every other day!! Everyone comments on my tan and I say it’s not from the sun it’s Jergen’s Natural Glow Wet Skin!😊

4. Jenn says:

Do you dry off a little before putting git of ? Or do it soaking wet?

5. Lisa Corriveau says:

Love this product…it really works…gives a natural glow…great for summer time fun! & year round as well….during those long winter months :)

6. Denise says:

I just bought this and have used it about 5 times. I love the way my legs look tan, not orange, not blotchy, but very natural! I’m glad I clicked on this story to find something that really looks good on my pale Irish skin!

7. Theresa says:

I’m thinking about getting this. How do you determine which shade to go with? I am very light complected. My daughter tells me all the time, moma, you need to get some sun. But when I do, I blister, and very seldom tan. Which shade should I get?

8. Teresa says:

Can you apply this to your face? I have used it and love it but never applied it to my face.

9. Ann says:

Been using this but what is the secret to getting your feet? I have half white and orangish foot right now. lol

• Em Smith says:

10. Jennifer says:

I also would love to know the secret to getting your feet tan and look natural.

• Em Smith says:

Hi Jennifer, What I do is, I just pour it onto my palm first. Then, I use my fingers to apply it onto my feet evenly. I don’t use a towel to dry them, I just let them air dry. Make sure you use the right tone for your skin (“fair to medium” or “medium to tan”.) I hope this helps! 🙂

11. Leigh says:

Does it have that nasty self tan smell? I hate that, it literally makes me nauseous!

Hello Island Mama is a makeup, DIY, design, and lifestyle blog by Em Smith. She is the mother of two boys and a wife, who loves to inspire and encourage others through her works and stories. Originally from the Philippines.

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13