smith.inquiries@gmail.com

Summer and new beginnings

Monday

DSC_2952aweb smith update 4

smith update 3

smith update 2

I feel like every year there’s a huge change in our family – from being pregnant to moving to a new home. But no, this time, we are not expecting another child. But also yes, because we’ve recently moved to a new home with our very own backyard! Since the birth of our eldest, we lived in an apartment with tenants down our floor. We always had to be careful and considerate with the noises coming from our home – and with kids, this is an extreme challenge. 4678608252085748593

smith update

(Hammock from Eno)

Having a spacious backyard is the greatest thing because when you have active boys, it’s a good way for them to play and use their energy! My kids love playing with water especially when it’s raining. This reminds me of my childhood in The Philippines where we play in the rain and make paper boats that we would later use in small puddles of water.

Brent and I loved the idea of renting a house that we can relax in immediately after dinner. We sometimes walk or let the kids play with their scooters. Our hammock is the perfect place to relax and just be together with the shaded tree in our front yard. We decided to move to a new home since this is closer to our church and our kids’ other activities.

I can’t wait to make more memories here and the kids are also excited to make new friends including cats and squirrels! How about you?

What are you and your family are looking forward to this summer?

SHARE Share

6 Responses to “Summer and new beginnings”

1. Cheri Smith says:

Em, I’m so glad to see that you are enjoying your new home! We are looking forward to seeing you soon. I love the picture of Brent skateboarding with the boys. I love your family.

2. Cassie says:

I love summer and spending time with my kids in the backyard. I love that you have a hammock! I so need to get one of those. :)

3. Amber says:

Having a yard for the kids to play in is such a big deal. We went from an apartment to home when my son was about 2 and I can’t imagine ever going back!

4. Monica Grant says:

I am a Chicago city nanny and I have to agree that a backyard does make little boys summers easier. They have so much energy and going to the park isn’t always an option.

This summer, I can’t wait for my trip to Europe!

5. Madison says:

Big yards are so much fun! I loved having a big backyard growing up. By the way, your kids are adorable!

6. Courtney Byers says:

How fun! I love having an outdoor space too. I just moved too and am most excited about getting our home all decorate

Hello Island Mama is a makeup, DIY, photography, motherhood and lifestyle blog by Em Smith. She is the mother of three boys and a wife, who loves to inspire and encourage others through her works and stories. Based in Houston, Texas. Originally from the Philippines.

"I can do all things through him who strengthens me." Philippians 4:13