smith.inquiries@gmail.com

Mirror,Mirror On The Wall: Master Bedroom Makeover

Monday

master bedroom makeover helloislandmama 6 master bedroom makeover helloislandmama 3

After a long and busy day with work and the kids, it’s always nice to come home to a calm and relaxing space. I take a lot of things in consideration when designing our home, from moving around and buying furniture. We’re five in the family and having a lot of space at home is number one on my list. While I was doing research on tips to maximize space, I’ve read that mirrors can double the appeal of any room through its reflection and that it can also increase the brightness of a room.

I’m so glad to have found this full-length mirror from Varaluz. It’s perfect for our room and for Brent and I, too, since we’re both really tall. The mirror can be mounted or you can simply lean it against the wall (we strapped to the wall for safety purposes). What I especially love about it is that it’s handcrafted and made from recycled materials from the Philippines. It’s sustainable furniture that helps the environment and 100% crafted with care by Filipinos from my home country. There’s so much waste that can be put to good use and Varaluz is one of the living proof that we can create something beautiful from recycled materials.

master bedroom makeover helloislandmama 1

master bedroom makeover helloislandmama 2 master bedroom makeover helloislandmama 5

(DIY plant holder tutorial / similar “blessed” pillow / similar world map canvas)

Our room is now brighter and more spacious. It certainly added a different feel to our space. It also helps us save a few pennies! We can keep the lights off during daytime. If you place it near light sources (lamps, windows, or chandeliers) it will reflect the light to the room.

master bedroom makeover helloislandmama 4

Do you have any mirrors placed in your home?

Thank you to Varaluz for partnering with Hello Island Mama.

CATEGORY Home Design
SHARE Share

15 Responses to “Mirror,Mirror On The Wall: Master Bedroom Makeover”

1. Ayanna says:

What a cute and comfortable space! I love the hats on the wall because they add interest to the wall and is great storage for them.

2. Ronni says:

I love this option to have a mirror next to the bed in a smaller bedroom instead of the nightstand. It definitely makes the room feel bigger!

3. Alexandra says:

You are so clever! I love your style. I am saving this post as inspiration :)

4. Love the idea of adding a mirror to a room. I really want to add a few mirrors to our house.

5. candy says:

I like all the little touches you did, like the hanging of the hats and putting greenery in the room. Turned out really pretty.

6. Jackie says:

I love that mirror and the way you’ve displayed your hats!

7. I’ve been searching high and low for a full length mirror – this one is perfect! Love the look of the whole room.

8. Sabina says:

I really like the way you decorated the room. And I agree, a mirror makes the place look more spacious!

xoxo
    Sabina
    sabiithefirst.com

9. Denise @ myowntotell says:

your space looks very inviting, I love adding mirrors to increase the light in the room. thanks for sharing

10. Meredith says:

Love it!!! I especially love that planter! I love adding mirrors to bedrooms too it always makes the room feel so much bigger!

11. Eleasha says:

The room definitely looks great! I love to repurpose all of the time

12. Lara says:

Dying over that mirror! The whole room looks amazing!

13. Rebekah says:

So pretty!! I LOVE the map on the wall, so fun!

14. Maya says:

I love the beachy neutral look of this room! Very pretty!